In addition to my love for literary translations, I also write creative fiction, poetry and non-fiction.
- The script Surviving a Conservatoire shortlisted by Hammond House Publishing (Survival competition; December 2020).
- Flash-fiction Taking Lockdown One Cake at a Time shortlisted by Hammond House Publishing (Staying Home competition; August 2020).
- The short story Dzīves Akadēmija translated into Lithuanian by Saulė Kubiliūtė and published in the Lithuanian cultural magazine Šiaurės Atėnai (2019).
- 3 short stories published in the leading Latvian culture magazine satori.lv (Tindera Dienasgrāmatas, Laimes Aka and Dzīves Akadēmija; 2018-2019)
- The short story The Burning of Last Year’s Grass longlisted for Bath Short Story Award (May 2013).
- Flash Fiction A Woman of Easy Virtue published in Thunk! Magazine (Apr 2013).
- Self-published a poetry pamphlet ‘Poems Born in Isolation‘ (May, 2020).
- Poem Believe not in Daisies published by Mardibooks in their poetry anthology The Dance is New (October 2013).
- Poem The Riots published in Thunk! Magazine (Jun 2013).
- Poem The London Riots published by The Writing People (Jun 2012)
- Poem Window in a white-washed room published as part of the Bath Literature Festival’s Daily Poems (2011)
“leva did a great job at writing books for us. We are very happy with the results, and the manuscripts were delivered on time as well. We hope to work with her again soon!”
Peter and Jenny – Captivating History, Sweden
- Article ‘Plant Based Rarities – Raw Haute Cuisine As Premium And Prestigious As It Can Ever Get’ published by MOT magazine (2018).
- Published several e-books as a ghostwriter. Topics include the ancient Mesoamerican civilizations, mindfulness, tantra and meditation (2017).
- Article ‘Cymatics – Decoding The Origins Of Life Through Sound Vibrations’ published by the MOT magazine (2017).
- Article ‘Ancient And Modern Mysteries Of The Moon Explored – How The Current Science & Mythology Have Been Harmonized’ published by MOT magazine (2017).
- Article ‘Bridging the generation gap: training and retaining international officers’ published by the European Association for International Education blog (2016).
- Review of the art exhibition ‘Fathom’ published on the Bath Kapsovar Twinning Association Website (2015).
- Review of Red Line Art Works exhibition, as part of the Fringe Arts Festival Bath, published in Thunk! magazine and on Red Line Art Works website (2013).
- Contributed articles to Japanese Affairs Forum online (2012).
- Wrote regular content for the mainstream Latvian newspaper Diena (2011).
- Published a full feature article on Cheddar Cheese for Dienas Ēdieni (2011).